Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Punchy Nature



I am not happy with how this picture turned out. I think it is because the sun refuses to come out today....This morning I had to get some cards ready for this up coming week and weekend. SO I went to check out the color challenge and today's colors were Bermuda Bay, Apricot Appeal and Chocolate Chip. At first I stamped my image and tinted the edged with the markers. I was not happy with how that turned out so I decided to punch and do some highlights. I grabbed a scrap of Bermuda bay and it looked like it had been run over by the wheels of my office chair so I decided to totally crumple it up. As long as my card already have lots of texture I figured that my ribbon could not just lay there flat so with the help of quite a few glue dots we ruffled that up too. The button does lay flat on top of the 3/4" I think it was the angle at which I took it (and that it is freezing outside and I am wearing shorts...). So that is how this card found it's way into the world today and out into the mail tomorrow!

Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Short and Sweet
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Bermuda Bay, Apricot Appeal
Ink: Apricot Appeal, markers-Bermuda Bay & Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Library Clip, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Modern Label Punch, Magnetic Movers & Shapers Die, 5/8" Very Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, 3/4" Circle Punch, Kraft Corduroy Buttons, Piercing Tool

Signature

2 comments:

  1. great way to punch up the card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Debbi! I love the way you used different shapes to make the spotlights of color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails