Wednesday, November 11, 2009

With Sympathy


My husband called me from work last week and requested I put together a sympathy card for him to give one of his fellow employees who lost his father suddenly this weekend. So this is what I came up with on the spur of the moment. I started out with just black and gray card but thought it seemed too dismal so I added a touch of pink to brighten it up a bit. I am never too good with sympathy cards...The flower was stamped in the Basic Gray Ink Pad and outlined on the stamp with the Basic Black marker. Of course I just had to sponge around the edge. The sentiment was first stamped in Going Gray and then I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to offset and stamp in Pretty in Pink. The ribbon was looped around the card front and fastened with Mini Glue Dots. I then put a Basic Gray an Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbons together and tied them on. I ran the designer paper through the Big Shot in an embossing folder.
Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White, Night & Day Specialty Paper, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Basic Gray, Basic Black,Pretty in Pink, Going Gray
Accessories: Big Shot, Elegant Bouquet Impression Embossing Folder, Magnetic Movers and Shapers Modern Label Die, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon

Signature

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails