Monday, July 12, 2010

Geneology Memorial

Like I said I have been working on my geneology book. I have all of the pictures laid out and pages added. I just now need to go through and add the backgrounds and embellishments.  In total I have 65 and I am working on page 45.  I jumped ahead this week to page 54.  This is my beautiful sister.  The Lord decided to take her home 7 years ago tomorrow at the age of 23.  Her husband, her and their 4 day old son where all killed in a car accident on the way home from church one Sunday.  July is such a hard time for my family even though we know they are safe in heaven they are very much missed. 


If you have seen this background paper you would realize that the spot where the word Sisters are on the bottom also contains more flowers.  Since I did not want an excessive amount of flowers on the page I decided to cover them (something you cannot do as easily when paper scrap booking)  I used a few different punches here to get the various dimensions I wanted to add.  To get the flowers just how I wanted them I added the punch and made sure I got it just the size I wanted it to be. I then changed the color to background image and lined it up just exactly over the flowers.  I had to double click the punch after I got the paper on it so that I could move it around so that the flower was in the punched area.  Next I added a very thin mat and a tad bit of a shadow.  To cover the flowers at the bottom I added a square punch, filled it in with the same paper, double clicked on the punch and moved it to the very top of the page.  I then flipped the punch so that the darker gray was at the bottom.  If you need a step by step tutorial on what I am talking about just mention it in the comment section and I will get right on it!

My Digital Studio Page Details:
Stamps:none
Paper: Summertime Splender - Bouquet DSP
Ink: Basic Gray
Accessories: Square Punch, Circle Punch
, Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Pinking Hearts Corner Punch, Rea; Red Wide Polka Dot Ribbon and Knot


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I commend you for documenting such a terrible time in life. I had a niece taken way before her time (at least in my mind) and it's very difficult to scrap those pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page and remembrance. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sweetheart.. I don't know what to say.. I am just so sad for you and your family that this happened. But it is so good to learn how to put 'feelings' into words.. or 'scrapbook pages'.. You did an amazing job. I see the love for her and her family on that page. My sister dies about 10 years ago of cancer. God is still real and alive.. I still have questions, they are also real and alive. But He has been there. I pray you can stay close to Him.
    Bless you, Pauline

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails