Friday, July 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Katie

I cannot believe my grand-daughter will turn one year old tomorrow.  I just had to make her a very very special card to celebrate.  I found this card at Jackie Topa's Blog (she is amazing!)

For the front I decided I wanted to go with a vintage look since I had done so much sponging on the inside.  I ran my inked brayer over the impression folder and then ran it all through the Big Shot.  I then, of course, sponged around all of the edges. My 8 yr old daughter wanted me to add lots of pearls but I decided to use just one to dot the i in Birthday.  I colored the sentiment stamp with the markers before stamping on the card stock.

So this card actually fold pretty flat.  I have sent cards out for Christmas that did not need extra postage so I ma not so sure this one would have.  Of course it went in a box via UPS filled with lots of birthday goodies.

The Amoire was so fun to do since a great Aunt had given her one not too long ago as a gift.

I did not do a side step like Jackie had in her original card since I wanted it all to fold up.  So with mine the base folds up to put away and pops down to stay open.  I used the half pearls as knobs.

Ok, do not do this card when you are in a hurry or when your kids decide it is "question day"  I had both bears all done and then I realized that I had not done one in mirror image....duh!  so thankfully card stock has two sides and I just flipped it all around.  I did not have the die that she used for her oval scalloped mirror so I used my large scallop circle and my circle scissor to make my mirror.

Well, I hope she enjoys the bears that Grandma made her for her birthday and another great big thank you to Jackie for all of the wonderful inspiration on her blog!

Card Details:

Stamps: Perfect Punches, WoodGrain Background, Whimsical Words (2010 SAB set), Tiny Tags
Paper:Chocolate Chip, Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Blueberry Crisp DSP, Window Sheet, Very Vanilla
Ink: Marina Mist, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Big Shot, Wide Oval Punch, Vintage Wallpaper Impression Folder, Pretty in Pink Grosgrain Ribbon, Marina Mist Grosgrain Ribbon, Victoria Crochet Trim, Basic Pearls, 2 Step Owl Punch-heart, Curly Label Punch, Scallop Circle #2 Die, Circle Scissor, Bear Bigz Die, Beary Essentials Bigz Die, Small Heart Punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Debbi, This is absolutely darling! Oh my so cute.......a mirror image is perfect for this bear. You amaze me with all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! this card is so cute! i'm following you now through SC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Debbi.. Wow.. This card is amazing! Love all the details in it. What a great idea.. I don't think I will be able to pull it off.. But I will keep the idea in mind. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Bless your heart!
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails