Friday, September 02, 2011

Fly High



As we were sitting down for lunch sometime last week, my son asked me to please  make a card using the fighter jet from the Need for Speed set.  He LOVES that set and I know it will get used, if not just for him and his friends.  I had been re-organizing my work space again and wanted to play with my new Simply Scored Scoring tool.  If you have not put in on your order or at least have it on your wish list from the Holiday Mini, it is a must!  To do the card base I just lined it up and scored 2 lines every inch, turned it and did it again.  I think it makes a great and easy background.  This card took no longer than 30 minutes for me to do from concept to photograph.  I embossed the plane, painted it with re-inkers and Aqua Painter and cut it out (that was the hardest part).  For the sky I ripped a piece of paper and sponged off the edge moving it and flipping it around and then lightly around the edge.  The plane and matted circle are both mounted with dimensions to give a bit more pop.

Details:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Need for Speed, Perfect Punches
Paper: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight (window), Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Versamark
Accessories:  Round Tab Punch, Simply Scored Scoring Tool, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Circle Scissor Plus, Blacl Embossing Powder

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails