Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Uncharted Sailboat

I peeked at the sketch challenge last night before falling asleep because I knew my time wold be limited today and I really wanted to use the new set I just got in.  So this had to be a simple quick card.  the reason I put off ordering this set was because of my coloring skills, or lack there of... As long as I was short on time I decided just no to color any of it in.  The biggest challenge for me in this sketch was the fancy something on the edge of the small strip.  Since this was a manly card I did not want any flourish.  I love my Tasteful Trim Die but I just forget to use it. I need to find a better place to keep my extended Dies!  I think it looks like waves sticking out of the edge....imagine very hard lol.  I had also just broke down and ordered some Seam Binding Ribbon just for the purpose of running it through the Big Shot and adding texture to it.  That is what helped me jump start my color theme for today.  For the rolled corner, I just rolled it down and stuck a glue dot underneath to hold it down.

Card Details:
Stamps: En Francais, Uncharted Territory
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Early Espresso
Ink: Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Big Shot, Houndstooth Impression Folder, Corner Rounder Punch, Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon, Tasteful Trim Die

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails