Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Happy Birthdeer


My son needed a birthday card for a friend who is an avid hunter.  He went through my sets and picked this one out and asked if I could make him one with a deer, please.  How could I say no?  Of course I headed to my Designer paper to try to get a color idea of where I wanted to go and of course I was drawn to the Well Worn DSP that I love sooo much.  I thought the wood grain background would be perfect for the background but after I roughed up all of the edges and laid it all together ( I never glue it all together until it is just the way I want it, plus  I hate brads etc showing on the inside of the card.) it needed just a bit more color, so I added the small squares panel under the deer and it added the perfect amount of extra color.  Plus it gave me a place to tie a bit of Baker's twine which I had been trying to find a home for.  The edges were roughed with the cutter's tool and sponged around.  The background behind the deer was done with  sponges rubbed on the ink pad.  To do the sun I punched out a circle and sponged around it with Daffodil Delight, then I used the punch out to sponge the Bashful Blue through it.  I sponged over some of it with the Calypso Coral and the dark areas with Cajun Craze. 
Details:

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Natures Silhouettes
Paper: Well Worn DSP, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Ink: VersaMark, Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Word Window Punch, Early Espresso Bakers Twine, Cutter Kit for Distressing, Metallic Brads, Black Embossing Powder

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails