Saturday, February 11, 2012

Light House

Sorry I am late my post this week.  We saw 6 doctors in 7 days with 3 sets of Xrays, 2 CT's and an MRI.  So far all is clear on his neck.  They allowed him to remove the hard brace yesterday.  Now to work out the tight muscles and get the concussion cleared up.  He gets light headed very easy...especially when I have a chore for him LOL.  I found plenty of things he can do sitting down. I hate sorting socks and I got the foyer closet cleaned out so he could sort hats, gloves and scarves. ;-)  Enough about my son (thank you to those who added them to your prayers!) on to my project.


I love this set but I am not very good at coloring objects in.  I needed a card for my father's birthday and since I always use the eagle one for him I thought maybe I should go in another direction. I figured lighthouses are always a good choice for a man's card.  I am loving the Framelit Dies!!! They are so easy to use and so many things that you can do with them.  The image was embossed and colored in with re-inkers and aqua painter brush.  I find it so much easier to color an image when it is embossed. To do the light beam I just cut a triangle out of a piece of paper and used it to mask so I could sponge the area I wanted.

Card Details:
Stamps: Uncharted Territory, Bring On the Cake
Paper: Whisper White, Well Worn DSP, Soft Suede, So Saffron, Not Quite Navy
Ink:  Soft Suede, So Saffron, Not Quite Navy, Versa Mark, Basic Gray, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Big Shot, Labels Collection Framelit Die, Black Embossing Powder, Extra Large Oval Punch


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails